Do not Guest-Post. Yes, this is the alert I have on my mind and that is why I am sharing so that you also think about it. Why should people not Guest-post? Why should you not guest-post on other websites and blogs? Why shouldn't people Guest-post on your website or blogs? Recall that this is one of my many things I cautioned you in my SEO ebook: SEO TECHNIQUES WITH UNMATCHED CAPABILITIES- SEO secrets by Brian, W: Free to resell.
The answers to the above multiple questions are based on the main reasons of Guest-posting. You have heard many people stating that they grew their traffic by over 400,000 visits in a month just Guest-posting. While this might be true, the fact is that anything that increases your traffic from referrals abruptly sends an alert to search engines and especially Google. Well, people do guest-post with an aim of receiving a reward in exchange. You cannot be that idle guy who is guest-posting just to kill time. There must be something that you are after. Two major reasons why people would be guest-posting is to get back-links or cash in exchange.
To be relevant in this post, let us concentrate with Guest-posting for back-links as the rewards. Well, back-links are the rewards that you get from your guest-post. Many websites and blogs allow this. But it has come a time when I am like saying "STOP GUEST-POSTING". So, what is the main reason for my decision.
To help answer well, I will divide this question into two parts as under:
- Why should you not guest post on other people's websites or blogs?. The main reason is that some websites or blog owners will remove the links that you place there. So, why waste your 3 to 5 hours writing that 1000 or more word post to have your rewards removed!!! You are absolutely not going to Guest-post as soon as you realize that someone is removing your back-links. Well, you may continue just to get audience from high traffic websites but that is not enough. People need to get to your website for sure and the best thing you can do this is to link directly to your website.
The other reason why you should not guest-post is that everything that is accessible to many people stands a high chance of abuse. Guest-posting is one of such things which everyone can do. Whether you have experience in writing or not, you will find at least a place to guest-post and get links back to your website. So, here comes the king of SEO (Google) who has clearly noticed that and is actually in a board-meeting summarizing what to do with Guest-posting. Most probably, back-links will mean nothing and especially those done on sketchy posts.
- Why people should not guest-post on your website or blog. This is of major concern. Yes, you need fresh content every time on your website even when you are lazy, but you do not need any content. You got to have a taste and someone with a taste of some things does not accept anything. So, why accept any content. Most people out there are spinning content and posting on different websites and blogs just to get back-links. Do you need such content that is worthy nothing? If yes, STOP GUEST-POSTING.
In addition, people are posting just to get back-links just like I said. This will make them post so many direct links to "steal" your traffic. This makes search engines label at your website like some sort of a link-farm. Do you know what Google does to link-farms or any website that seems like a link-farm? Then stop guest-posting.
Moreover, the links placed on the guest-posts could be direct links. These, without "no follow" tags will drain the juice of your quality website. This eventually leads to linking to less quality website which will really affect your SEO and traffic at long last.
Note: To stop guest-posting means to stop guest-posting. Yes, if you are doing it wrong, stop doing it right away and re-examine the best ways to guest-post. Below are some of the guidelines you should follow when accepting guest-posts:
- Guest posts should be long enough. Yes, when you explain in depth about the topic, that is a high mark in SEO because of course, Content remains the king and even if back-links are the queen, there is no way the queen rules in the presence of the King.
- Guest-posts should be Unique. You are not going to write about anything you see been written about like "5 tips to... blablablah", 5 ways to....." blabah... These things will just waste time for the website owner and the guest poster.
- Guest-posts should be original. Stop Guest-posting if your aim is to spin content to get many links from different websites. If you do this, you are among the over 90% of the people who are damaging the role of Back links in SEO.
- Edit Guest-posts yourself. Do not let authors to auto-publish posts. Take the time to read through, format and edit.
- Allow only links to authority websites. Also, allow links towards the bottom of the content and also allow few back-links on your articles.
Stop guest-posting to start correct Guest-posting. Happy SEO guys.